Care and Use Instructions | Lava Institutional
For purchasing high quality LAVA products. LAVA enameled cast iron pots and pans are individually designed for all styles of cooking appliance and any style of modern and classic kitchen or dining decor. Please read this instructions before using your pot-pan for the first time. It will help you to achieve the most delicious and healthy cooking results.
Enameled cast iron fits well with modern requirements for food preparation and cooking. Cast iron has been recognized as one of the best materials for cookware in history and today those knowledge can be used in various ways, many shapes and with many cooking methods. LAVA cast-iron pots and pans can be used for all recipes such as soups, roasts, grills, rice, casseroles and desserts, cakes, quiche or baked breads. Cast iron is suitable for all kinds of cooking techniques. As the heat will equally spread to the whole surface, it provides perfect cooking for meals that require cooking at medium heat for a long time such as stew, meals with olive oil etc. Likewise, meats cooked with cast iron give grill taste and vegetables have roasted taste.
Steam generated in pot condenses thanks to the special lid design of LAVA and is mixed with food again and vitamins and tastes do not lose. When cooking methods are used correctly, it does not only produce wonderful flavors and tastes, but also protects nutritional values in your meal contributing to a healthy diet.
LAVA cast-iron enamel pots and pans are effective for traditional cooking at medium heat as well as for boiling at high surface heat. It is your choice!
LAVA cast-iron enamel pots and pans can protect heat effectively. It will be your advantage to lower settings for cooking at both countertop stoves and ovens. A closed LAVA pot on the table will protect the heat of food for a second serving. It can be useful for frozen foods as well. LAVA cast-iron cooking and serving containers can be used for keeping foods cold. When pot is stored in the fridge for a short period of time, it will adequately keep the food cold to serve cold food varieties on a hot summer day.
Wide range of shapes and sizes by LAVA:
Excellent designs and enamel coating color varieties provide complementary decorative particulars for use in kitchen or dining room, create modern appearance and offer excellent surface quality to suit your personal cooking and serving requirements.
LAVA enameled cast iron pots and pans offer cooking excellence and bring color to your home. LAVA cast-iron pots and pans are manufactured in LAVA facilities in Eskişehir through 40 years of experience and knowledge and the most advanced cast and enamel technology in Turkey and in the region.
Because a number of the manufacturing processes still rely on manual skills, each piece has its own individuality and slight variations in finish may occur. None of these, however, alter the overall quality or cooking performance of the product.
The vitreous enamel, which entirely covers each piece, including rims, is extremely durable, but more importantly offers the most wide-ranging versatility of use and products for food storage, food preparation and cooking.
Each pot and pan is manually inspected several times during manufacture to ensure that the strictest quality standards are maintained. They are tested in advanced LAVA laboratories for tens of times. All the enamels used by LAVA conform to current International Standards. LAVA cast iron pots and pans are made of the highest quality cast iron in the world. They do not contain any harmful additive.
How to use your cookware
All are suitable for LAVA enameled cast iron ranges.
• Before first use
• Remove all labels
• Wash the pot in hot soapy water, rinse and dry.
• Your cookwares are ready for use.
• Suitable for use in all Cooker and Oven Types
LAVA enamel cast iron pots and pans can be used in all heat sources. Gas, electrical, solid or radian plate, glass-ceramic, vitro-ceramic and those stoves that work with induction and gas, oil, coal or wood.
They must not be used in microwave ovens. !
• Don’t drag pots across the glass, but lift on and off, or from one heat zone to another.
• The enamel surfaces are not suitable for dry cooking. Your choice of liquid, oil, fat or butter should completely cover the base before heating begins.
• Integral cast iron handles or stainless steel knobs can be used at all oven temperatures.
• Wooden handles must not be placed in the oven.
• Do not place the cookware directly on the body of oven and place on the grills given by oven manufacturer.
• Since Integral Cast Iron Handles and stainless steel knobs will become hot during stovetop as well as oven use, use a dry, thick cloth, or oven mitts, for handling these at all times.
• Most delicious results for cooking, including frying and searing will be provided with medium and low heats. Heat it gradually, that will give the most even and efficient cooking results. When the pot is hot, it can be continued on lower settings.
• For boiling water for vegetables or pasta, or reducing the concentration of stocks and souces, high heats are possible. High heats should never be used to pre-heat a pot before lowering the heat for cooking. Cast iron retains heat so well that if a pot is overheated in this way it will contribute to poor cooking results, sticking and discoloration of cooking surfaces.
• To maximize efficiency and prevent overheating of pot sides or damage to handles, match the pot base to the heat zone. Long handles should be positioned safely on stovetop or hob, otherwise, handles will be exposed to direct fire resulting in discoloration and deformation on the handles.
• Don’t heat an empty pot or allow a pan to boil dry. Either may cause permanent damage to the enamel and pot.
• For surface protection and stirring, use heat resistant silicone utensils, heat resistant plastic or wooden tools. Occasional use of metal utensils may leave silver trail marks. Do not knock metal utensils on the rims of cookware, this will eventually damage the enamel.
• Don’t cut food directly on any enamel or non-stick surface.
• Place hot cookware on silicone mats, wooden boards, or trivets.
• Mixers or electric hand held beaters should not be used in any cookware. Permanent damage to all surfaces will be caused.
• For child safety, ensure that your product does not overhang from the stovetop during cooking. Keep the product taken from the stovetop after cooking out of reach of children and wait for it to cool. Use lid to avoid any damage/injury that might be caused by splash. While cooking with your product, do not leave the cooking area for a long time.
• After use, always cool a cookware for a few minutes before washing in hot soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly. Don’t fill a hot cookware with cold water or plunge into cold water as thermal shock damage to the enamel may occur.
• If there are food residues, fill the cookware with warm water and leave to soak for 15-20 minutes, then wash in the usual way.
• Nylon or soft abrasive pads or brushes can be used to remove stubborn residues. Don’t use metallic pads or harsh abrasive cleaning agents as these will damage the enamel and polished trims.
• Black enamel cooking surfaces will, over time, produce a patina (a brownish film). Don’t attempt to clean this off as it enhances the cooking performance.
• All cookwares with integral cast iron or stainless steel lid knobs, can be washed in the dishwasher, but constant dishwashing may lead to some dulling of the enamel finish. This is not harmful and will not impair performance. When using the dishwasher, always allow the cycle to complete before opening the door. This will ensure the cookwares are dried thoroughly. Wooden handle cookwares are not dishwasher safe.
• When you use dishwasher to wash your product, stains caused by various detergents and discoloration may occur. Such damages are not covered by warranty.
• Never store away cookwares when they are still damp. Store cookwares in a dry cupboard or airy space away from kitchen steam.
• Maintain the tightness of all handles and knobs by checking and re-tightening them regularly.
• LAVA enameled cast iron is extremely durable, but it may be damaged if accidentally dropped or knocked against a hard surface.
• Period of warranty starts on the date of delivery of the product and is 2 (two) years.
• The product including all parts is covered by warranty of our company.
• In case of failure of product within the period of warranty, the time elapsed during repair is added to the period of warranty. Period of repair of the product is maximum 30 (thirty) working days. This period starts upon the notification of the repair to service station and, in case there is no service station, to seller, dealer, agency, representation office, importer or manufacturer of the product. In case the repair of the industrial product is not completed within 15 working days, manufacturer or importer is obliged to allocate the consumer another industrial product with the same particulars as the product in question until the completion of the repair.
• In case the product fails due to workmanship and material or installation faults within the period of warranty, the repair will be completed and no workmanship cost, replaced spare part fee or any other fee under any name and denomination whatsoever will be charged.
• Although the consumer used his/her right of repair, he/she may ask for the replacement of the product as free of charge, refund of the fee of the product or reduction in fee in proportion to the fault rate of product in case of the following events:
a. The same failure is experienced more than twice (2) or different failures occur more than four times within one year from the date of delivery to the consumer in the warranty period or the total number of different failures occurred in the warranty period is above six and such events result in failure to use the product permanently,
b. The maximum period required for repair is exceeded,
c. It is determined by the report to be issued by the service station and, in case there is no service station, by seller, dealer, agency, representation office, importer or manufacturer-producer of the product respectively that it is impossible to repair the product.
• The failures caused by use of the product not in accordance with the instructions contained in user guide are not covered by warranty.
• For issues that might arise in connection with the warranty certificate, an application may be filed with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, General Directorate of Protection of Consumers and Competition in Turkey.
WARRANTY AND REPAIR PERIOD
The product is guaranteed for 2 (two) years from the date of sale of the product. Period of repair of the product at authorized repair and maintenance service is 30 (thirty) working days.
EVENTS NOT COVERED BY WARRANTY
1. Faults that might arise during use of the product
2. Damages that might be caused by dropping and impact
3. Stains, discoloration or scratches in or on the product caused by use of the product are not covered by warranty.
LIST OF TECHNICAL SERVICE
LAVA Metal Döküm San.Tic. A.Ş
Address: Safa Mah. Mimar Sinan Bulvarı, Yiğit Sok. No:4 Sancaktepe – İstanbul – Turkey
Tel:0216 312 2653
Fax:0216 312 0909
LAVA Metal Döküm San.Tic. A.Ş
Eskişehir Organize Sanayi Bölgesi 22.Cadde No:3 Eskişehir – Turkey
Tel:0222 236 2610
Fax:0222 236 2609
Lava is a registered trademark.